Sunday, July 6, 2008

Collars

I've always been fond of interesting details in clothes, it keeps them from getting boring. One of my favourite places for these interesting details to show up is in collars. These details can range in size (from the slightly oversized collar of the Oscar de la Renta jacket to the rather large, amazing collar of the Christian Dior Courture dress) and style (like the runched collar of the pink Matthew Williamson). On the whole, I think it's a great way to liven up an outfit and keep it from being boring. It doesn't have to be huge, but I think it can add a lot of interest. (phots from net-a-porter and nymagazine.com)

3 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Very nice! A good collar can go a long way in making a subtle statement.

Human Racing said...

Great choices. I think detailing always makes things more interesting.

Ella Gregory said...

I have this very strange thing about collars. If it isn't exactly right it can make me strangely grumpy!