Saturday, July 18, 2009

Great Day with Family

My mom and dad unexpectedly came into the city today, along with two of my nieces. It was a great surprise! I'm very close with my family, so I'm always happy to see them. The main thing we did was very exciting: car shopping! After 2 and a half hours, I think we've bought a car (as long as all the financing goes through)! It's a Honda Civic and if everything goes well, it will be mine! While I am very excited about this, I'm also going to be incredibly broke! I am looking at my budget and it is not a pretty picture! But I am still excited!

After that, we went grocery shopping and my parents bought the bf and I a bunch of food, so hopefully we can survive a while on limited grocery shopping! I'll start by living on fruit and tea, then move onto the dry goods. Healthy? Probably not, but then I won't waste any food. Plus if the bf's brother's birthday party tomarrow and his mom (a wonderful cook) is making dinner and usually we score a few leftovers from her.

After that, we went out for dinner at Montana's. I will not be going back anytime soon. We arrived and were seated, then we waited over fifteen minutes and still no one had come to take our drink orders. Finally my mom asked another waitress, who said she hadn't seen ours, but took over our table. Thank goodness. She was a really good waitress, but after all that waiting, it took forever to get our meals. All of the adult meals were good, but both my nieces ordered cheese pizza and it was terrible. It looked gross and my one niece only managed one tiny piece. my dad tried it and said it tasted as bad as it looked. And it cost $6.99! I guess that included a chocolate milk and ice cream for dessert, but everything there was very expensive. Oh well, at least I got to spend time with my family. This is a picture of the bf, one of my nieces and me. Shirt is kersh and earring are Margo Morrison.

As well, my mom just got back from a holiday through Montana, North Dakota, Manitoba and Saskatewan. And she brought me presents. The first is a teapot set, because she accidently broke the set I got in the gift exchange at Christmas. Also, I got a fashion book (she knows how much I love it), Hello Kitty stickers and some American candy we don't have here (some is for my bf. He got a science book as well).

Have an enjoyable rest of the weekend. Not me though, I'm off to work tomarrow. But it may be one of my last trips there on the bus!

17 comments:

renaye said...

wah car shopping!! malaysians don't really do that because cars here r levied with heavy taxes!! we r famous for apparel and food shopping!

ellie said...

I'm so happy for you about the car.

How sweet about family coming in bringing all sorts of things.

We have this problem a lot when we go to Ruby Tuesdays. The service isn't so great.

the oaks said...

Yeah! about the new car! Thats so great of your parents. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm sure you had lots of fun with the nieces too.

Sweet picture.

simon n josh said...

What a weekend! Sounds like Christmas in the summertime. A very sweet pic of your parents and family.

cait said...

That's so cool about the car. Love the stuff they brought you too.

past the point said...

Sounds like a fab weekend. You won't want to go to work Monday. Hope you are having lots of fun this weekend.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Congrats on the new car! It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family! :)

Anonymous said...

It's too bad about the bad dining experience but at least it was time together with your family :))) And your mum is great for bringing you so many goodies!!

yiqin; said...

Ah I miss family outings <3

Winnie said...

I wish my mom would buy my hello kitty stickers...haha.

E said...

You have such an adorable family! Sounds like a fun day!

Kira Aderne said...

It´s always so nice to have a great time with our relatives!

DaisyChain said...

nothing is nicer than time spent with family!

Jen said...

Yay for buyig cars - i got my first one 2 1/2 years ago and I love it!! So much freedom with a car :)

Marian said...

lovely post, it is always lovely spending time with family honey, can tell you had a great time.
x
Marian

Reena Rai said...

Lovely!!! Very sweet of your family, loving the HK stickers

Frock Around the Clock said...

Congratulations on the car! I hate poor restaurant service - I've been a waitress at the weekends for the past four years so I really notice it when I'm eating out. I went somewhere on Tuesday and the service was so slow we were there for three and a half hours!! x