Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Few Happy Things

I've have a few happy things to share. First of all, I had design class last night, where is fitted our muslin shells. Mine was pretty good, except the hips of my shell were too round, my side seam needed to move back and my back darts were too close together. So a few alterations for next wekk. As well, I need to draft, cut out and attach a muslin waistband. Here is the fitted shell.

The next thing is both exciting and scary: a new sewing project. Well, it's only scary because I want to be finished it by Sunday when I have my sewing meet-up group. Yes, I leave things to the last minute... Anyway, our mettup challenge (we like to give ourselves challenges and pretend we are on Project Runway) was to find a photo that inspired us, then make something inspired by this photo. Choosing the photo was hard and I only choose the photo and design last week and am starting it now! The photo I chose was a Nine West ad from last year and I was inspired by the pretty plum colour. I'm making this Cynthia Rowley skirt out of black and plum taffeta, so hopefully I will be able to post that up soon. Here is where I am currently, a mess of pattern pieces and an lot of purple taffeta.

And the last thing I have to share is the most exciting and happiest of all! Pudding and Pie will be covering ARTWear 2009! ARTWear us a great fundraiser done by the Art Gallery of Calgary which supports arts in local schools. ARTWear consists of a fashion show, Fashion Trunk Show Auction, Silent Auction and musical enterainment by local band Kyemara. And Adejoke Taiwo (from Project Runway Canada, who got sent home way to early and soul have been in the finals) will be designing a line under her label alala. The folks from the Art Gallery of Calgary were kind enough to send me a ticket for the November 6th event. I will do a full post on ARTWear later this month, but if you are from Calgary or will be in the Calgary area at that time, please consider attending! It's for a great cause and sounds like a great time!

6 comments:

daisychain said...

Hurrah for lots of good things =)

Couture Carrie said...

So exciting, darling! Great job on the muslin!

xoxox,
CC

Denisa L said...

can't wait to see how it goes!

ellie said...

I'm excited for you! oh. I have thigh highs like thos gray ones there. Love them for winter.

Marian said...

Hurrah for all the good things honey, i hope everything goes well dear
xx
marian

Angela said...

how exciting. good luck.