Sunday, November 8, 2009

ARTWear (Part 1)

There was so much great stuff going on at ArtWear on Friday and I took so many pictures that I'm going to have to post about it parts to avoid overwhelming everyone. The event took place in the beautiful Hotel Arts, which was a really lovely venue for this kind of event.

From start to finish the event was really well planned and definately an enjoyable evening. As you walked in, they had even set up a red carpet with crazy papperatzzi guys pretending to take photos.

There was a silent auction that had some really great items that could be bought, including a Versace handbag, a couple of fur coats and this amazing dress from alala that I wanted really bad. They were also auctioning some really cool art like this. It's entitled Three Blind Mice.

There were also some great outfits and some really creative ones like these. I love how bright the one girl's dress is and the blue pieces on the other girl's outfit.

This was the venue where the fashion show was held. They had lights that changed colour, with made waiting for the show to start more fun. Also, here were the hosts of the show and a lady whose non-profit organization sponsered the event.


Next I will start posting up the fashions shown at the event, including an exclusive capsule collection of alala by Adejoke from Project Runway Canada (who I saw and was too scared to talk to).

8 comments:

Elizabeth Marie said...

How cool! I'm sure the fake paparrazi added a lil somethin somethin!

www.janetteria.com said...

Coool!

X♥X♥

meraldia said...

Very interesting!

Stephanie Shorr said...

the drawing in the 4th post is cool

Becca Joy said...

Sounds like such a fun night, The blue feather-things coming off that girl is so cool.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Looks like a great time! Glad you had fun =)

ellie said...

What an great time it must have been. I'm glad you are posting this.

Thanks for the note. Yeah, that actor will always be Frazier to me. Its so funny that his real life daughter is "Casey" in GREEK on ABC Family.

Niks La Mode. said...

this is fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog..I am looking for some fun shows to go to myself as a stylist and just to see what inspires everyone :) Where are u located! pls continue to check out my blog n become a follower , I will be having a fab giveaway sometime soon!