Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Alberta Fashion Week- Night 6

I'm sad to announce that this is the end of my coverage of ABFW. I was unhappy to no longer have amazing fashion shows to attend every night, but I am getting a lot more sleep this week (and I didn't even stay for any afterparties). The first show of the final night, Jason Matlo, was also my favourite of the evening. I loved the draped dresses and interesting ruffles. The colour palette consisted of black, grey and silver and the collection showcased lots of cinched waists and sparkles.















































The second show of the evening, Chi Chi Couture by Holly Allen, was a lot more colourful than the first. With lots of jewel-toned jackets, feathers as fur, this collection was aimed at an older clientele, women between 35 and 55. The jewellery on the models was also designed by Holly Allen as part of her Chi Chi Couture line.







































The evening (and week) closed with a menswear show by KaaDiki, designed by Haithem Elkadiki. There was a very strong military inspiration for this show. It's a bit harder for me to talk about menswear, since I don't know much about it, but there were some really cool pieces that keep boys from looking boring and alike. Plus if I had the money, I'd buy the blue vest for my boyfriend.

Also, tomorrow will be a very exciting day on Pudding and Pie; I'm holding a contest! You'll have to wait for tomorrow to find out what it is, but I'll tell you now that I'm super excited and there is even a prize for the winner! Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It must have been a blast. Some really wonderful collections.

Unknown said...

really some cool designs. I'm so glad you got to cover it.

Angela said...

I am seeing bold colors for men. I like!

ellie said...

I think the first collection in the post is my favorite. Wow, the mens' show is so cool too.

Jade Purple Brown said...

it looks amazing! i would love to have the oppoutunity!

gant watch said...

I really love these outfits! So wish i was there

Glam Girl said...

Great pictures! I love black dresses

Unknown said...

Ooh I lvoe that first show, especially the long belted shirt look, and the suit in the second show is amazing too.

Glendy said...

Chi chi couture looks amazing, I look the looks :)

Much love,
Glendy <3